In this week’s Observer & Advertiser, high street shops are to be urged to sign up to Twitter as part of a social media plan to promote Morley Town Centre.
Also this week:
- A terminally ill doctor whose campaign to make patient care in the NHS more personal is taking her message on a whistlestop tour of the nation.
- Australian writer and broadcaster Germaine Greer will headline this year’s Morley Arts Festival.
- This year’s much awaited Morley Business Awards are set to build on the huge success of last year’s awards and be the best yet.
- Homeowners across Morley and Leeds have been assured they will get a say over controversial proposals to build 70,000 new homes across the city later this year.
- Work has started at the derelict site of an old primary school, which is to be converted into luxury apartments.
- Invasion of the scarecrow - pictures from this year’s Gildersome Scarecrow Festival.
- Plus, see our entertainment guide.