BREAKING: Jury discharged in baby death case
Jurors in the trial of a dad accused of causing or allowing the death of his daughter have been discharged.
Five women and six men considering the case of Lee Davison, 28, of Ashleigh Avenue, Pontefract, were released today (Wednesday).
Mr Justice MacDuff discharged the jury at a hearing held in private on the fourth day of their deliberations.
Davison is listed for mention at a hearing on Friday.
His partner, Jessica Hopkinson, 19, was found guilty of causing or allowing the death of her baby, Kristal, on Monday.
The jury returned their verdict for Hopkinson on the second day of deliberations following a four week trial, which heard how the seven-week-old infant suffered “catastrophic” injuries before she died.
Hopkinson was granted conditional bail and is due to appear at a hearing on Friday.
See next week’s Express for more.
- NEWS FEATURE: Morley fitness champ goes from stroke victim to muscle man
- Police urge respect from Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday fans
- Leeds United legend Dominic Matteo goes back to school
- UPDATED: Man in hospital after car drives through Cobbles Cafe, Birstall
- Ofsted praise as Bruntcliffe School bounces back
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Leeds,Yorkshire
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South