Sad farewell to Morley’s rockin’ Rev Robb
AFTER three years of leading Morley church folk, the town’s very own rocking Reverend, Robb Sutherland is off to pastures new.
Rev Robb, as he is known, will be saying a fond farewell to the people he has become close to over the past three years for the final time this Sunday. Moving to Morley with wife Ruth, he joined the Morley Team Ministry in August 2009 and since then the congregations have grown to appreciate the rock music-loving, long-haired, Harley Davidson-rider.
Hopefully the people of Illingworth and Mixenden in north Halifax, where he is heading, will feel the same.
On his leaving, the 34-year-old said: “I am a little overwhelmed by the support that everyone has shown Ruth and me.
“We have loved being part of the community here in Morley throughout my curacy and we are ever thankful for the immense love and support that we have been shown.
“I’m looking forward to the challenges of my new role as we become part of the community in north Halifax.”
- NEWS FEATURE: Morley fitness champ goes from stroke victim to muscle man
- Police urge respect from Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday fans
- Leeds United legend Dominic Matteo goes back to school
- UPDATED: Man in hospital after car drives through Cobbles Cafe, Birstall
- Ofsted praise as Bruntcliffe School bounces back
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Leeds,Yorkshire
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South