A children’s hospice, which was forced to temporarily close due to a fire, is holding a fundraiser today.
An electrical fault caused a fire to break out at the Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice in Huddersfield on Tuesday, January 12.
The charity temporarily closed the building and instead is delivering support to children and their families through a hospice at home service.
But the hospice said the closure has caused it to lose more than £140,000.
Work has started to repair the building, which includes rewiring, redecorating and re-furnishing the whole site.
The hospice is now urging people to take part in the #ForgetMeNotSwap today to help raise money for the charity.
People are encouraged to donate the money they would have spent on Friday treats such as work drinks and sweets.
The charity’s CEO Peter Branson said: “This has been a real setback for us at a time when we have children and families being referred to us weekly.
“We are always humbled by the support we receive from businesses and the community but we need that support more than ever to help us recover from this and to keep caring for children and families who so desperately need us.”
To make a donation log onto http://bit.ly/FMNFireAppeal or text FIRE12 plus your donation (e.g. FIRE12 £10) to 70070.
People can encourage others to donate on Twitter using the hashtag #ForgetMeNotSwap or by tweeting the hospice at @ForgetMNotChild.
Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice supports children with life shortening conditions and their families across West Yorkshire.