Firefighters have attended a blaze at a home belonging to a family of five in Batley yesterday afternoon (Monday).
Crews from Batley and Dewsbury were called to an address on Hazel Grove at around 3.45pm and arrived to find the home’s conservatory on fire.
The fire is believed to have been caused by a leaking gas pipe. No-one was injured in the blaze and the family, with four children aged 17, 17, 11 and eight were found to have evacuated safely.
Crew commander Steve Carruthers said: “Fire crews remain at the scene as they try to stem the flow of the leak and cut off the gas supply.
“It was a potentially serious incident but luckily everyone got out safely.”