Here are five reasons to buy this week’s Observer & Advertiser.
- After years of uncertainty a well-used stretch of green land in Churwell could disappear after an application for 54 homes was submitted to Leeds City Council.
- A grandmother has spoken of her anguish after her beloved chihuahua was mauled to death by an English bull terrier as she took it for a morning walk.
- A one-time blushing bride is preparing to don her wedding dress again, six years after a horrific accident forced her to postpone her big day.
- A Churwell care home has been told it must improve after an unannounced inspection by the health watchdog.
- Children from Fountain Primary School have a hand in preserving Morley’s history.
Also this week, find out how you can get half price tickets to Flamingo Land to see Union J live.