In this week’s Observer & Advertiser, One of Morley’s most distinguished churches is set to close forever next month after serving the community for more than a century.
Also this week:
- A young mother suffered fatal injuries when she was struck by a car after leaving a wed-ding reception with her fiance in Woodkirk.
- Real ale lovers will be in their element this bank holiday weekend as Drighlington holds its fifth beer festival.
- There were heated exchanges as Morley and Outwood’s parliamentary candidates clashed in an election hustings on Monday night.
- Hundreds of people paraded through the streets of Morley “for England and St George” at the town’s annual display of patriotic pride.
- Discontent is brewing at plans to build over 50 homes on green land in Churwell.
Read these stories and more in this week’s paper, out tomorrow!