In this week’s Observer & Advertiser, a century-old former theatre in Morley was saved by fire-fighters who battled to stop a large fire that had struck up in a neighbouring development spreading.
Also this week:
- A driver has been ordered by magistrates to pay a £305 fine after a £30 parking dispute escalated.
- A former Mayoress of Morley is stepping down from the town council, having served for all of its 15 years.
- A Gildersome mum is taking to the skies to raise money for Diabetes UK.
- A Holocaust survivor who was tortured and imprisoned after helping escaped airmen with the resistance movement spoke to pupils about her ordeal.
- West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said that, despite a reduction in arson attacks, the crime still blighted the lives of communities and businesses across the county costing the service nearly £2m a year.
- A popular primary school headteacher has said his final farewell to pupils after taking up a new role.
- Find out how your can get unlimited travel with Northern Rail.
All this and more in this week’s paper, out tomorrow!