In this week’s Observer & Advertiser, Leeds City College’s Morley campus is at risk of being shut as the college grapples with £11m worth of funding cuts.
Also this week:
- A nightclub worker has been hailed as hero after he alerted a family that their house next to the town centre blaze earlier this month was close catching fire as they slept.
- Morley’s new MP Andrea Jenkyns has promised to be a champion of the community after being elected last week.
- A tiny kitten which suffered horrific injuries after being savaged in a dog attack has made a remarkable recovery thanks to the care of a Gildersome pet home,
- Hundreds of jobs go as Tingley firm goes bust.
- Find out everything that happened in the general, local and town council elections in our round-up.
Read these stories and more in this week’s paper - out tomorrow!