In this week’s Observer & Advertiser, A community has spoken of its shock after a 49-year-old woman died following a flat fire in Tingley.
Also this week:
- A care home has been told to improve after being found to be breaching care regulations.
- Campaigners are heading for a further battle following news of a housing application for Churwell.
- An estate is now shining, thanks to a new mural which was unveiled at the weekend.
- Campaigners against NHS privatisation brought their battle to keep the health service in public hands to Morley.
- Writer Hazel Martell recalls the influence of her upbringing in Morley and days spent in the local library.
- Jet-setting pupils from Morley Academy are heading to the New York after winning a competition.
- The number of legal orders is-sued against noisy neighbours in Leeds has rocketed – despite a fall in complaints from victims – new figures reveal.
- More than 100 members and volunteers helped Morley Elderly Action celebrate 20 years of helping the over 60s in the Greater Morley area.
- A hospice is appealing for volunteers to help out with a fun-raising parade, which comes to Morley this weekend.
Also, See our A-level results double page.
All this and more in this week’s Observer & Advertiser, out tomorrow!